Operation Manager 12 months Contract
Pillar Security have been protecting and securing our customers for over twenty years. Working in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) we provide our products and services for both residential and commercial clients. Our mission is to maintain a high level of customer’s satisfaction, no matter how big or small, Pillar Security is as secure as its name.Everyone who works as part of the Pillar Security team is expected to deliver the Pillar Security Difference: by aiming to add the maximum value to our products and services, always looking for ways to redefine best practice, striving to do things better next time, ensure our customers receive the best possible value for their spend and never take even the smallest detail for granted!
Reporting to the Vice President, this role is responsible for ensuring the effective management of the businesses day-to-day operations, and will work closely with internal operational / delivery focused teams, partners and external suppliers, to ensure service expectations are met.The Operations Manager has line management responsibility for the Head of Service Delivery as well as the Accounting Manager and Area Managers. The candidate will work closely with HR, Sales, Marketing, and Training to ensure the effective coordination of business operations; service delivery and support; issue resolution and ongoing operational performance monitoring, and management.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring contract and services run smoothly and adhere to appropriate SLA’s, on a 24/7 basis. Key responsibilities of the Operations Manager include the successful coordination of service delivery and ongoing service management; incident and change management; service improvement; partner relationship management and enhancing partner satisfaction. The Operations Manager will be pivotal in ensuring the Business provides the highest level of operational service delivery across all sites.
- Work closely with the CEO, the Vice President and other key personnel to ensure Group operations perform to a consistently high standard;
- Ensure the effective on-boarding of new contract partners;
- Ensure the rollout of new products and services are effectively coordinated both internally and externally;
- Ensure the effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery, ensuring best practice systems, methodologies and procedures are followed;
- Further define service delivery SLA’s and ensure adherence. Ensure that Service Levels comply with contractual deliverables on a day-to-day basis. Report performance against SLA’s with corrective action taken as required;
- Work closely with internal partners so that requirements and SLA’s are understood and adhered to. Ensure suppliers are held to account to providing high quality and timely solutions when issues arise;
- Input and record partner service reviews/account planning meetings as required, in order to show how the service is performing against contracted services, and identify potential opportunities for service improvement;
- Ensure established effective incident management and escalation process.
- Ensure high impact issues are understood and managed well through to resolution;
- Establish an effective business change management processes and minimize service disruption whilst the changes take place. Ensure changes continue to be evaluated, authorized, prioritized, planned, tested, implemented, documented and reviewed in a controlled manner;
- Ensure effective communication and coordination of operational matters with other internal teams so that issues/requests are escalated and resolved effectively;
- Work closely with key stakeholders, provide strategic and tactical guidance on operational matters relating to key business projects. When required have a hands-on approach to leading the resolution of operational issues;
- Ensure compliance of the business operational risk register so that key operational risks are understood, and effectively managed;
- Ensure the operational support matrix gives clarity to the operational requirements that need to be in place in order for the business to scale with intended new services;
- Ensure adequate disaster recovery, security and business continuity plans & procedures are in place across the business, and regularly tested (from an operational perspective);
- Have a good knowledge of backend processes and IT platforms, understanding limits and possibilities to better support decision making, aid troubleshooting and identifying potential improvements;
- Promote a culture of service excellence across the business. In conjunction with technology and process teams, create, develop and manage a continual service improvement plan;
- Provide leadership and management guidance for all direct reports. Identify personnel development plans/requirements as required.
The successful candidate must have significant operations experience, and demonstrable operations success, in particular gained within a B2C environment. They must be passionate about delivering service excellence and ensuring a business operates both effectively and efficiently to achieve this aim. The candidate must be capable of working and influencing stakeholders both internally and externally, and they must also display a very good technical understanding, preferably of a security or customer service oriented business.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience gained in a managerial operation role(s) in a customer facing business;
- Knowledge of operational management in a business-to-customer (B2C) environment is essential;
- Experienced in developing and implementing operations strategies, processes and structures;
- Ability to apply a holistic/end-to-end approach to operations;
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to resolve problems and drive issues/opportunities to rapid resolution by ensuring cross team alignment and communication;
- Proven track record of delivering against targets;
- Must be well organized and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects;
- Ability to manage detail, and follow tasks through to resolution;
- Excellent oral communication, presentation and networking skills;
- Must possess a consultative approach with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must inspire others through leading by example each day;
- Proven people-development skills and an ability to motivate others;
- Excellent understanding of IT, technical support and its business implications;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ticketing systems.
- Operated in a security environment;
- HR background;
- Competitive Salary
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid Vacation Time
- Personal Days
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.